Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy birthday Mom!!

Today I went to work at the Regional office, we were celebrating a co-workers birthday. My boss took us all out to eat. Which we already know how much I love, especially when it's free. I left work right after we got back, today I needed to do some shopping. So I met up with my husband at Sam's club. He had both the kids and they were driving him crazy. I just wanted to laugh because he always makes it seem like when the kids are with him they are always on their best behavior. I ran through the store as fast as I could needed to get things for Mom's birthday dinner I was hosting. But I couldn't leave fast because my husband and the kids where hungry. So we got pizza ,he didn't think to feed them before venturing over here. I load the kids in my car while he loads the stuff in his. He tells me to go home but I stick around and wait so we can leave at the same time. I am glad I made that decision because here goes life rearing the ugly side of it. My husband car does not want to start we spend an extra hour there trying to get it to work. we don't want to have it towed because we are so faraway from home. And even with AAA it will cost us some money. Finally I give the car a final jump and it turns on. So off to home to unload and we have three more stores to visit. I am running late dinner was originally suppose to start at 8:30pm but it was more like 9:30pm. My mom loves pasta especially Alfredo. She had called me earlier during the day to discuss the menu she wanted it to be a surprise on what kind of pasta it would be. She wanted me to order pizza in case some of the family didn't want it. That was strange because everyone likes it even the kids. She then whines its her birthday dinner and wants to be able to take some home. I told her I would put some in a container for her, but she wants a whole pot. So then instead of having one dish , I decided to have a pasta bar with 3 different choices. Got the idea from Pioneer woman when she hosted her daughters sweet 16 party. I had penne pesto pasta, chicken ravioli, and fresh pasta with fresh mozzarella and sundried tomatoes. I made cheddar bay biscuit, rolls and a nice salad to go with it. How about afterwards there was barely anything for my mom to take home. I had some extra chicken ravioli and promised her I would make it on the weekend. She seemed to have a good time my husband got her all her favorite Moscato's. The cake was not me my aunt bought her a Winn- Dixie vanilla cake which I hate. I know everyone likes Winn-Dixie and Publix cake but if that's what  you have during everyone's party you become tired of it. Usually I get the specialty cakes and some kind of chocolate in it. So I didn't have dessert, and you know with my sweet tooth that is strange.
 
 
Pasta bar

The parents
Loving her gifts
Dancing to the birthday song

No comments:

Post a Comment